2010 Awards Night
Welcome to YDA
The Young Designer Awards Trust Inc is a NZ registered charity operating for the benefit of New Zealand youth:
• Giving a vehicle to celebrate the success of New Zealand’s young designers
• Encouraging young people’s creativity, confidence and pursuit of excellence
• Expanding their skills and knowledge in design
• Fostering teamwork and contact with academia and industry for youth
• Bringing ‘real-life’ opportunities to young people
• Providing ‘hands-on’ experience alongside industry professionals
• Encouraging networking and professional development for teachers
We work with young people aged 11-18 and our mission is to encourage creativity, confidence and the pursuit of excellence in young people and the school community through design. We achieve this by providing a format where the expansion of their knowledge and skills in design and teamwork can be supported by contact with academic and industry experts in a nurturing but competitive environment. We stage an event where their successes are celebrated at a national level.
We are passionate about bringing ‘real life’ opportunities to young people and encouraging them to reach and celebrate tangible goals. We do this both in the discipline of design through the Awards themselves, and through providing ‘hands-on’ experience alongside industry professionals in the running and presenting of the Young Designer Awards programme.